Thursday, June 28, 2012

Elimidate

I think Stephen King (or I) was right when saying there will a point where you HATED your story.

It was on Tuesday I took Westly on a walk around the neighborhood and I was praying about my efforts. I didn't know what would come of it, but I prayed and then came home.

Suddenly, as though the clouds parted and a little writing muse emerged from the keyboard, I made a big, gutsy decision to get rid of three chapters worth of writing. Why? It needed to flow and take off. So I re-edited it (for the 12th time) and read it over... And (cue the music) Dare I say I like it? (get out those trumpets) I think it is there. My date-of-elimination was a success. Sure, I will probably re-think every verb and noun--but I am feeling like I am moving toward happiness.

There it is. Praise the Lord for inspiration. Now back to the editing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the countdown begin...