Monday, July 2, 2012

Letters...

I spent the last two days writing, but not creatively.

I have been working for a local non-profit (and by working, I mean volunteering) for the past 12 months.

I really love the mission statement of the group and the BIG ideas the larger organization has, so I am totally willing to invest my time working for them. Three years ago the group got a little off course, but over the past year they have started doing some awesome things and I think we will make a big impact on our community. Oh yeah--the organization is to promote books, reading and literacy in the community... What's better than that?

It did take me off course from my creative-writing as I wrote business letters, newsletters, and campaign posters for our Membership Drive that I will be hosting starting in August-September 20. My personal goal is to see the memberships double, which isn't saying much since there are only twenty-ish members in the local chapter.

We'll see what comes of it. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the countdown begin...